Friday, July 9, 2010

That Familar Smell

When I moved to Texas, it was with an office job. The mutual funds company I worked for closed their office here during the dotcom bust and there was very little opportunity in that industry, so I wound up with a few odd jobs before I decided to go back to waiting tables for a while. One of those jobs was in "Guest Services" (customer service/returns) at a Super Target store.

One night, I was working the counter with a young female employee. She had just finished exchanging something for a customer and she came over to me so upset she was almost crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I just can't believe that woman spoke to me like that! She asked me if I thought she smelled like cock!"

Granted, that was pretty weird. I said, "Tell me all of what she said. Maybe you misunderstood?"

"No, I know that's what she said. She told me she'd been on her knees all day and said she probably smelled like cock!"

I asked her what the woman was returning.

It was a tube of caulk.

No comments:

Post a Comment